Welcome to Paula's Primary Classroom! This blog is where I share ideas for teaching and learning with families, friends and other early childhood educators. Please don't use the photos or text of this blog without permission, but please do use any ideas you find useful. Thank you for stopping by!

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Are You Rocking?

This morning I woke up at 4:30, thinking about making finger puppets.  Sure, I know, most people don't wake up early on Sunday morning for anything so silly, but... I did.  I guess I must be an early childhood teacher!

It's super easy to make!  All you need is one blue pipe cleaner, a few scraps of paper, a marker, scissors and tape - and a little imagination of course! 

I started by shaping the pipe cleaner, from the tail.  A small spiral and then a straight part makes the tail, then the rest of the pipe cleaner was twisted around my finger and then up. I cut out paper scraps to make a face and shoes, and used the marker to add details for the eyes.
Are you rocking? Pete the cat finger puppet craft from Paula's Preschool and Kindergarten

Finally, flip everything over, and use tape to attach the head and shoes to the back of your pipe cleaner.  If any tape shows from the front, you can trim it off.
Are you rocking? Pete the cat finger puppet craft from Paula's Preschool and Kindergarten

Ta-da! Guess who's going to be rocking along when we read our Pete the Cat books next time? Uh-huh, every body, because it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment