Welcome to Paula's Primary Classroom! This blog is where I share ideas for teaching and learning with families, friends and other early childhood educators. Please don't use the photos or text of this blog without permission, but please do use any ideas you find useful. Thank you for stopping by!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Pete The Cat Saves Christmas ornament

I just finished creating a new ornament for my pre-k and kindergarten students, and want to share it!

 Like so many other people, my kiddos and I LOVE Pete the Cat.  One of our stories this week is Pete the Cat Saves Christmas, by Eric Litwin and James Dean.  I wanted a follow up activity for my students, so I drew Pete the Cat on card stock, and painted him.  The trim on Pete's hat is made of fleece, and I used a touch of fleece to make a pompon for his Santa hat.  Black sharpie for the eyes and whiskers finishes Pete off.

My kiddos will be painting Pete later this week.  I can't wait to see a dozen Petes on our class Christmas tree! (Sneak peek, they loved this!)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! So cute! Do you have a pattern for it that you'd be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete