Welcome to Paula's Primary Classroom! This blog is where I share ideas for teaching and learning with families, friends and other early childhood educators. Please don't use the photos or text of this blog without permission, but please do use any ideas you find useful. Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pete's Paint Puddles - leading up to International Mud Day

On Tuesday, our mud themed book was Pete The Cat I Love My White Shoes, by Eric Litwin and James Dean.  In the book, Pete steps in a lot of different things - including mud!

After reading the book, each child made a page for our class book.  The teachers helped them to paint their feet, and print them on the page.  Painting our feet was tickly!



 I've made this class book activity, with a cover, available at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Petes-Paint-Puddles-1292023 (for 50 cents).

Having teachers paint kids feet is fun, and makes a cool class book, but we needed to make this even more relevant to the children - so we went outside and really stepped in colorful puddles of paint!

I knew we needed some large, heavy-duty paper to paint our foot prints on, so I picked these up at Costco last week - they're used to divide the layers of cereal boxes on the pallets.   Perfect!
 I wish I could claim responsibility for this wonderful idea, or at least credit the blog where I saw it, but apparently it isn't pinned to my Pete the Cat board, and of course I don't remember.  The abundance of ideas available on the web amazes me - and fuels my own creativity and teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment