Welcome to Paula's Primary Classroom! This blog is where I share ideas for teaching and learning with families, friends and other early childhood educators. Please don't use the photos or text of this blog without permission, but please do use any ideas you find useful. Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I LOVE children's books.  I have to admit, I may have a small obsession with them, and it might take a twelve step program to stop my collection from growing.  I've been very very good, and have weeded out hundreds of them in preparation for our move, but there are still so very many that I consider to be my good friends.

Today, with only 2 1/2 days left with the kiddos, I realized that I need to make a point of revisiting some of our favorites, and soon.  You'll notice I didn't say "all my favorites," because really, the children are only here 10 hours a day, and we'd need a lot longer than that to get to ALL of them.  I had each child choose 5 of their favorites from those out on our bookshelves (I rotate what's out and available, thousands of others are alphabetized by author on my bookshelves, waiting for their turn to come down), and then Julie and I also picked some.  Here are a few of my favorites:
    Front Cover        

We will be reading all these, and more, over the next couple of days.  If you haven't met these books or authors, I hope you'll stop by your library or book store, and that they will become your good friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment