Welcome to Paula's Primary Classroom! This blog is where I share ideas for teaching and learning with families, friends and other early childhood educators. Please don't use the photos or text of this blog without permission, but please do use any ideas you find useful. Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Book Bash: Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp

This week I'm participating in another blog hop with #Kinderfriends - we're going to share some of our favorite books.
Dinosaur Stomp: dinosaur books, activity and FREE counting game!

If you're a regular reader, you know how hard it is for me to come up with just one favorite book - or even genre of books!  (Check out some more of my favorites on this blog post.)  Since I have dinosaurs on my mind for story time this week, I decided to share my favorite dinosaur book with you: Saturday Night At the Dinosaur Stomp.  (No, I'm not being compensated for linking this.)

Dinosaur Stomp: dinosaur books, activity and FREE counting game!

I'm on my second paperback copy of this fun book by Carol Diggory Shields, illustrated by Scott Nash.  The first copy fell apart due to excessive loving on by lots of children, and my current copy isn't pristine either.  The book has been around since 1997, and I have yet to meet a group of children who don't love the rhythm and rhyme, the upbeat fun and gorgeous pictures.  I read Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp to my first graders, to my own children when they were little, and to 16 years of preschool and kindergarten kiddos.

This page was my oldest son's favorite!
Dinosaur Stomp: dinosaur books, activity and FREE counting game!

There are so many fun ways to extend the dinosaur themed learning- like sorting them by color or shape.  I made this simple sorting mat by cutting colored copy paper into quarters, and gluing one rectangle of each color onto a piece of 9" x 12" construction paper.
Dinosaur Stomp: dinosaur books, activity and FREE counting game!

Want to have your students work on numbers 1 - 20?  I made this freebie just for this book bash!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dinosaur-Counting-and-Sequencing-1-20-2552564
If you are looking for even more dinosaur learning activities, I hope you'll check out my Dinosaur resources on TeachersPayTeachers, and check out my Dinosaur Board on Pinterest.

Here are some more of my favorite dinosaur stories:
Dinosaur Stomp: dinosaur books, activity and FREE counting game!

To see more favorite books from #KinderFriends, continue our blog hop by going to
 Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Awesome, don't the kiddos just go crazy over dinosaurs!??!! Thanks so much for sharing. :-)Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinosaurs are so much fun! Every teacher must have a collection of Dino books!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet to make that freebie just for the hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a rather worn version of that book in my collection. I love books with a beat! Thanks for the great freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm how adorable are these books with your activities? I am officially adding these to my amazon shopping list:) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete