Welcome to Paula's Primary Classroom! This blog is where I share ideas for teaching and learning with families, friends and other early childhood educators. Please don't use the photos or text of this blog without permission, but please do use any ideas you find useful. Thank you for stopping by!

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Get Dirty with Darling and Delightful Ideas for D

 Dinosaurs, dots, dress ups and dirt - Dd can be delightful!


Lets start by going dotty - for International Dot Day! Do you know the book The Dot by Peter H Reynolds?  Check it out here:


There's even an International Dot Day to celebrate this book - and it is Tuesday September 15, 2020-ish.  Perfect timing to make lots of dots with your little ones!

However you make your dots, it's likely your table top will be dirty by the time your little ones are done.  Don't worry, make clean up a fun sensory experience by putting a dollop of (non-menthol) shaving cream on the table, and letting your darlings clean it up!


You could also take your learning outside and dig in the dirt - or the sand box! Digging is another fun sensory activity!

Of course we need to sing - how about 5 Little Ducks?  

Does your child prefer dragons?  They'll love this one!

If you enjoy these videos, I'd love for you to follow me on YouTube.com for more early learning ideas!

I haven't mentioned field trips yet, but getting out and exploring the world is an awesome way to learn!  The ability to have as many field trips as work for my children and I is actually one of the main reasons I continued teaching preschool and kindergarten from home after my own kiddos went off to school.  For the letter D week I love to take the children to a donut shop (thank you again Krispy Kreme for welcoming us each year!), and to the dinosaur dig at our museum.  

Of course, you can have a lot of fun at home too!  How about dressing up and dancing?
 

I'd love to hear how you and your child are enjoying the letter Dd - if you post about it on social media, please tag me on Instagram @paulabeckerman2399 or on FaceBook: Paula's Primary Classroom!  See you on Wednesday for even more ideas for Dd!

No comments:

Post a Comment