Welcome to Paula's Primary Classroom! This blog is where I share ideas for teaching and learning with families, friends and other early childhood educators. Please don't use the photos or text of this blog without permission, but please do use any ideas you find useful. Thank you for stopping by!

Saturday, July 9, 2016

The Tortoise and the Hare

I think we all know where our strengths lie, and if we're honest with ourselves, we see our weaknesses areas of opportunity too.  I've known for a while that I want to work on making some videos to share, but I've let it sit on the back burner, because... well... because.

Yesterday I decided to step out of my comfort zone, and made a short video retelling of the story The Tortoise and the Hare.  Is it perfect?  Goodness no!  Still, I'm pleased with it as a starting point, and thought I'd share it with you today.  :-)



The Tortoise and the Hare story retelling - YouTube:
I got the idea to do this as I was working on creating the retelling props and script... which grew into a reproducible reader and reading game too... sometimes these things take on a life of their own!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Tortoise-and-the-Hare-Book-and-Game-50-off-for-the-first-24-hours-2634231

I found these gorgeous graphics:
The Tortoise & The Hare (Aesop's Fable) Clip Art Bundle
but of course I couldn't control myself choose only one, and instead bought the whole set of clip art for 10 fables!
Aesop's Fables Clip Art Mega Bundle
Can you guess what I'll be working on this week?  Stay tuned - I'm going to work on making more videos too!

No comments:

Post a Comment