Welcome to Paula's Primary Classroom! This blog is where I share ideas for teaching and learning with families, friends and other early childhood educators. Please don't use the photos or text of this blog without permission, but please do use any ideas you find useful. Thank you for stopping by!

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Rocking with Rudolph is Really Remarkable

It's almost December, so we're going to skip ahead a few letters - because rocking December with Rudolph really is remarkable!

Have you sung the reindeer version of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes: Hooves, Belly, Antlers, Nose ?

It's so much fun!

 There's also our Rudolph hand print, inspired by HandprintCreations.com and funhandprintartblog.com.  I found the robin idea at creatingreallyawesomefunthings.com , the rocket at CraftyCrafted, and I think I came up with the raccoon myself... but it's been a long time, and it's so hard to remember!  There are also other reindeer hand prints on my handprint Pinterest board if you want to check them out.

The Rudolph hand and foot print ornament included below is one of my all time favorite preschool Christmas crafts!

 I did this every year when my children were little, and have a progression of Rudolphs, slightly bigger each year as the children's hands and feet grew.  Please please, when you do these crafts make sure you put your child's name and the year on the back, I promise you'll treasure them all the more for it!


 The fun What's Up Rudolph? craft was inspired by this one on Artsonia.  If you haven't visited Artsonia yet, why not?!  It's a free site, full of wonderful art ideas for children of all ages, and it allows teachers to safely upload children's art into an online gallery.  Parents can even order merchandise with their child's artwork on it!

For this project the children cut out rectangles, triangles and circles, then assembled their projects.  It was a great fine motor / scissor skill activity, and they were thrilled that the results look so lovely!

Our letter R craft also incorporates Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, because the children absolutely remember the sound to associate with the letter this way!

Finally, I wrote a short song about the names of all the reindeer! You can see it on YouTube,

or click here for the printable booklet.

That's it for this week - I hope you and your little ones have lots of fun, and I'll be back next time with S is for Santa.






No comments:

Post a Comment